VIII International Symposium on Rose Research and Cultivation

A meeting place for rose breeders.
henry kuska

VIII International Symposium on Rose Research and Cultivation

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:22 am

Today I received the following:

"We had initially planned to organize the VIII International Symposium on Rose Research and Cultivation next spring in Davis (CA).
However, due to the COVID-19 crisis and the proximity with the IHC2022, we have decided to hold the symposium during the IHC2022 in August 2022 in Angers, France (www.ihc2022.org).
The rose symposium will be held jointly with symposium S5 on “Innovations in Ornamentals: from Breeding to Market”. Furthermore, we will discuss during this symposium the organization of the next International Symposium on Rose Research and Cultivation in 2024. .................. For more information, please visit the symposium website, available at https://www.ishs.org/symposium/749"

david zlesak

Re: VIII International Symposium on Rose Research and Cultivation

Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks for the update Henry. I was wondering what was happening as the timeframe was tight for next spring and I didn't see information about abstract submission and registration deadlines for Davis... It's probably easiest to join with the ISHS overall larger meeting, but it puts pressure on everyone now as the abstract submission deadline for the Angers meeting is coming up very fast- Nov 15th. I suspect there may be less rose presentations with the change of plans and tight abstract submission deadline people have to suddenly respond to now. Most universities have their fiscal year go from July 1st through June 30th and this bumps the meeting into the next fiscal year for funding for people to coordinate funds to travel, which is a challenge with many universities facing tighter budgets. Hopefully Davis will host in 2024.