Accessing newest newsletter issue

A meeting place for rose breeders.
joverom

Accessing newest newsletter issue

Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:24 pm

I just finished reading the latest issue of the newsletter and I want to access Table 2 from David's article which is only available online. I have to admit that I have only looked at an online issue once and I can't figure out where to find the newest issue--I could access the Fall issue but not the newest one. Is there a trick to accessing the newest issue? I'd appreciate some help from anybody.
Julie Overom
Barnes, WI (Northwest Wisconsin, Zone 3)

bvanderhoek

Re: Accessing newest newsletter issue

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi Julie,

Maxima mea culpa--the "technical difficulty" is that we are just now getting around to putting the latest issue on the website. Everybody who has tried to access this table, our apologies and thanks for your patience! It will be up in a day or two, I believe.

Betsy

joverom

Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks for clearing things up, Betsy.
Julie Overom
Barnes, WI (Northwest Wisconsin, Zone 3)

philip_la

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 am

A bit off topic, Betsy, but I don't know if you get all the feedback you deserve when things go as they should

I just wanted to publicly thank you for all the work you do that goes into our newsletter. It looks great, and I know that the collecting, laying out, editing and writing is a huge undertaking.

Thanks for a great newsletter!

(Looking forward to the Table 2 from David's excellent article! Thanks too to all the contributors!)
Philip F.
[size=small][color=#669966]Zone 8 / Sunset Zn 30 (Austin, TX -- formerly New Orleans, LA)[/color][/size]

bvanderhoek

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks, Philip! It's truly a labor of love, as I know it has been for past editors as well. Three cheers for all our contributors!

B.

Don

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Posting of the online newsletter is going to be delayed because of ongoing computer hardware problems. I'll post a note as soon as they get resolved but it could be a while more. My email is also affected.
What doesn't kill them makes them stronger.

aeckstein

Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Don thank you for all that you do.

On a similar issue if one pays for the archive cd and is currently a paying member should one not also get access to issues in between the cd issues and the current issue?

bvanderhoek

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi everyone, I have just sent out an e-mail to members with a link they can use to access the Winter issue. I am sorry you have had to wait so long. Usually Don posts it onto the website and I send everyone a link to that, but as noted above he has been having computer problems. When I tried to send just the pdf, it was just too large to go through the RHA membership software. I hope this solution will work! If you have any problems accessing the file, please e-mail me at rhaeditor at gmail dot com and I will send you the pdf.

Betsy

bvanderhoek

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:05 am

A member just let me know that the link in the e-mail was faulty, so I sent a second e-mail with a link that should work. Again, please let me know if it does not.

B.

PTGeurts

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:06 am

Betsy,

I was able to access the newsletter online, but I didn't see Table 2 for David's article. Did it get posted with the newsletter?
Paul Geurts
Cokato, Minnesota - USA Zone 4

bvanderhoek

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:47 am

New and different technical difficulties--the second link we sent was also faulty. I checked it, character by character, before sending it out, but the website e-mail program edited out a key sequence of characters in the link both times! By the time the e-mail arrived in people's inboxes, part of it was missing that was intact in the e-mail as sent. I have no idea why this occurred.

I'm sorry for all this frustration. Don has come to the rescue, thank goodness. Paul and others, David's full article with all the tables will be available as a separate resource on the website.

B.