Need help finding giant rose blooms

A meeting place for rose breeders.
LinfordR1

Need help finding giant rose blooms

Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:39 pm

I represent a serial entrepreneur who is determined to start a new business selling giant roses. Ideally, we would like to locate a producer who has an existing stock of high-quality blooms that are 50%, or more, larger than the standard for that particular strain with strong aroma.

Once proof-of-concept for the business model has been achieved, we would fund research into producing larger blooms until we achieve diminishing returns on customer pricing tolerance. At that point we would finance large-scale production for the most productive strain(s).

We are not new to the task of developing companies from the ground up, and have launched many products into 20,000+ US stores, and international distribution in six countries.

An individual, or group that could help us achieve these goals would be considered a partner and secure a full-time position and equity in the company.

Please reply and provide a method for direct contact.

Karl K

Re: Need help finding giant rose blooms

Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:11 pm

I don't have one, but I know how someone could breed some.

'Schoener's Nutkana' is a tall plant with single pink flowers. Not terribly impressive, but it has been the progenitor of giants.

Leonard Barron (HT) [Schoener's Nutkana x Souv de Madame Boullet] Average diameter 7 inches. This variety has produced at least three sports: Yellow Leonard Barron, Brookville and Lemon Ice.

Mrs. Francis King (HT) [Lady Lilford x Leonard Barron] Cream with yellow undertones. Average diameter 6.5 inches.

Paul Neyron (HP) was a parent of Schoener's Nutkana. Averaging 6 inches, it is worth considering for its merits as well as its possibilities as a breeder.

As far as I know, only 'Paul Neyron' and 'Schoener's Nutkana' are still around.

LinfordR1

Re: Need help finding giant rose blooms

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:29 am

Thank you Karl,

I don't suppose you have contact info? Is there a country that would be more suitable for the production of the type of bloom we're seeking?

Thx,

Lin