For Love of Roses

A meeting place for rose breeders.
Carl Woolsey

For Love of Roses

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:04 pm

Does anyone know for certain if For Love of Roses is still in business? i placed an order through the website and have not been able to contact anyone there. i see talk on there facebook site also there are people in the same boat as myself. I would appreciate the knowledge if anyone has an answer.

roseseek

Re: For Love of Roses

Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:49 pm

I would suggest forgetting about trying to purchase anything rom For the Love of Roses. I don't know what is going on with Richard Anthony, the owner, but he isn't responding to communications and he isn't providing plants which have been paid for. I'm hearing a number of complaints that he isn't providing refunds for orders which have been paid for, either, and this is something that has been going on for MANY months now. I think it reasonable to presume something has gone wrong with him or his business and to write it of as a source. It seriously doesn't appear it's going to improve.
Kim
California Central Coast
USDA Zone 9b
Sunset Zone 15
Cooler inland coastal valley with strong marine influence

Carl Woolsey

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Thanks.. i had assumed this the more i investigated. and whats worse is i had placed and paid for an order of supposed instock plants and didnt know why it was taking so long. after not being able to reach anyone and voicemail being full for weeks then i began to dig.

roseseek

Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:16 pm

I'm sorry. It's terrible when this happens. I've lived it with several over the decades. Once I start hearing complaints, I just avoid them like the plague until I begin hearing good reports about them. This one doesn't look promising... Good luck.
Kim
California Central Coast
USDA Zone 9b
Sunset Zone 15

Jwindha

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:15 am

That's unfortunate to hear. I've been waiting for a reply from them about 'Dashiell Codd'. Does anyone know of another nursery that carries it?

https://forloveofroses.com/shop/mini-ro ... miniature/

-Jonathan

roseseek

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:23 am

You might try inquiring on some of the rose groups on Face Book.
Kim
California Central Coast
USDA Zone 9b
Sunset Zone 15

Peter Harris

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:00 pm

It's my understanding from local rose society discussion that the owner has been through various personal and health problems since purchasing Whit Wells's nursery and renaming it. The nursery has been in trouble for most of its existence, stretching back at least 4 years. Roses have either not been supplied or (frequently) have been the wrong variety if supplied.

In short, if you have ordered from For Love of Roses and haven't received your rose or a refund, chances are good that you will never get either plants or a refund.

Peter

Soilman

Sat May 16, 2020 1:02 pm

Richard is out of business. Greenhouses have been repossessed and he has filed for bankrupcy. He is gone and may start a new business. He took on too many new introductions. Whitt Wells has passed. Please don't get suckered in by ordering new roses. If you paid by credit card then talk to the credit card company about having your charge reversed. Your money is gone for ever.

mnemko

Sun May 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Last year, he requested to test five of my varieties. I sent him wood. He said none of them took.
Marty Nemko
mnemko@comcast.net
510-655-2777