ARS Rose Registrations

A meeting place for rose breeders.
Judith Singer

ARS Rose Registrations

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:36 pm

Anyone have any clue how to do this now?

david mears

Re: ARS Rose Registrations

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:10 am

Hi Peter,
can any one register, just to look ?
Many thanks David.
[color=#FFFF00]david mears
in Mudgee,
in NSW,
in Australia.[/color]

Peter Harris

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:29 am

David, I think it's behind a membership wall. That is, you have to be an ARS member to register for access--or pay an annual fee for access.

Here is the link:
https://modernroses.rose.org/

Some text from the page:
[quote]The offices of The American Rose Society serve as International Cultivar Registration Authority - Roses (ICRA) by appointment of the International Society for Horticultural Sciences.

Modern Roses was originally published in 1930 with 2,511 collected rose registrations world-wide, Today, the American Rose Society's Modern Rose database is home to more than 37,000 registered roses.

Access to Modern Roses database is available to everyone through an annual subscription and is membership benefit available to all American Rose Society Members.

Join today or subscribe to this service annually to access our rose search.

Cultivars registering roses will need to request authorization from the registration committee, but do not need to be members or subscribers to be approved. [/quote]

That last paragraph doesn't make a lot of sense ([b]Cultivars registering roses[/b]????), and I've requested that it be fixed. I think what it means is that you don't have to be a member of the ARS to register a cultivar you've developed. If you need further information, I'd suggest that you go all the way to the bottom of the web page and click on the Contact link.

Peter

david mears

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:39 pm

Thanks Peter for the answer. Pity you can't just "look", I will do the contact bit and ask some questions.
[color=#FFFF00]david mears
in Mudgee,
in NSW,
in Australia.[/color]