Suckers Available

A meeting place for rose breeders.
andre carl

Suckers Available

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:39 am

If anyone is interested in obtaining Hazeldean or Prairie Peace I have two well rooted suckers of each available for the cost of postage. I am currently cleaning out my gardens and am attempting to try to keep them in bounds. I may have a few other varieties available and will post them here if I discover them.

I am inclined to send to residents of the U.S. only as I don't really want to deal with international trade policy at the moment.

jbergeson

Re: Suckers Available

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:04 am

Thanks for doing this, Andre! It's good to keep those two cultivars available. I have them both, but haven't gotten too many suckers.

hoy127

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:24 pm

I'm interested in either or both.
Stephen

philip_la

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:31 am

Andre, *if* you don't have other takers, and *if* you think it would tolerate central Texas, I would very much be interested in either, probably leaning towards the Prairie Peace. I do have a *lot* of BS pressures, and don't know how spinossisima's tolerate such.

Thank you for your generous offer.
Philip F.
[size=small][color=#669966]Zone 8 / Sunset Zn 30 (Austin, TX -- formerly New Orleans, LA)[/color][/size]

andre carl

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:24 am

Stephen, I can send you one of each. I also now have Suzanne if you are interested. Send me a pm with your mailing address and I can get them sent to you ASAP.

Philip, I'm not sure how it will do down there so I would have someone more familiar with the area and who have grown the spins in similar climates a chance to answer as to how they do. They are excellent up here and I never see blackspot on them - but they were made to thrive in your area and they may completely break down if stressed enough. It may being worth trying if you want to give Prairie Peace a go. Let me know if you are interested in them (and/or Suzanne) and send me a PM with your mailing info.

Thanks

BTW, if anyone wants pollen from them, or any other rose variety I grow, I will most likely be able to supply that as well. Just take a look at my list on hmf (garden listed as Central Iowa Garden) to see what I grow and may have to offer - I keep it mostly updated.

AquaEyes

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:25 pm

If you have suckers of OGRs, I'll happily pay postage to get them to me. I'm putting together a collection at a 19th Century cemetery on 50 acres just down the street from me. Suckering once-blooming OGRs are going to be planted in pockets between headstones, and later mixed beds will be put together in "fenced" family sections using non- or lightly-suckering types like Bourbons, the various Perpetuals, Chinas, etc. Message me for contact information. I'm in central New Jersey. For more information, see the Antique Roses Forum post below.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/discussions ... begin?n=28

And to anyone else with material from old Gallicas, Damasks, Albas, Centifolias, Mosses, etc., please keep me in mind. The second part of this project, after roses are established, is making them available again by creating a small mail-order nursery. So I'm especially interested in whatever the few remaining OGR nurseries don't stock.

Thanks in advance.

:-)

~Christopher Gordon

svencal

Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:48 pm

If these are already spoken for, that's okay. If you get any more in the future, I would be very interested in them as I have recently moved out of the Twin Cities to the Pine City area with much more room for roses and other things.

Ross