Source for Jens Munk

A meeting place for rose breeders.
joverom

Source for Jens Munk

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:49 am

Many years ago, a friend in northern Minnesota asked for a suggestion for a hedge rose and I recommended Jens Munk. The rose fulfilled its purpose magnificently and both she and her husband loved their hedge. Unfortunately, over time the hedge got very large and, after 17 years, they attempted to prune the hedge in a very harsh manner. The hedge has never recovered and they would like to start a new hedge but are unable to find a source for Jens Munk that is available now. I have also checked for them and the few sources I found are sold out and the wait for new plants takes time. In all likelihood, the wait may be necessary but I thought I'd at least see if someone here knows a source I may not have considered. Any suggestions?

david zlesak

Re: Source for Jens Munk

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:06 am

I would encourage your friend to check Home Depot in the summer. The past few years in the Twin Cities at least there have been pallets of potted Ag Canada roses produced by Pan American Nursery at many of the Home Depots. They had a very wide selection of Ag Canada roses including 'Jens Munk'.

jbergeson

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am

I could get them next year if Pan American carries them, but it is too late for this season. I was just perusing I think High Country and they listed it but I can't remember if they had availability.

joverom

Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:39 pm

David and Joe--my thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I did check with High Country Roses but their stock is currently sold out. Since there is a Home Depot in Duluth (which is where my friend lives) I will suggest that she check the store for Jens Munk this spring. If nothing comes of that, I may be getting back to you, Joe. I appreciate your offer of help.